First Trimester Must Haves
Now that I’m going strong in the second trimester, I thought I’d share my first trimester must haves!
For all of my pregnancies, first trimester was rough. My husband probably looks at me like I'm insane for being so lazy during those [long] weeks. I try to explain to him how it feels; mix a strong hangover with the flu. Steve actually was sick a few days ago, and being the brat I am, I said "you know how you feel right now? Yeah try having that 24/7 for 8 weeks straight….on top of watching kids, doing dishes and keeping the house going." Yes I got an eye roll from him. Okay, I'm done complaining, I know MANY women would die to have morning sickness and a baby inside of them! [and I am very, very grateful for being pregnant]
With the first weeks of pregnancy it is survival mode for me and there are a few must haves for it. The only thing missing from my list [but I have a husband that wouldn't allow it ;) ], would be a cleaning lady. I kid you not, our house was a train wreck during those weeks!
1. SNACKS! I'd like to say I had a few go to's but I don't. What I could tolerate would change day to day; pending if that item decided to stay down after I ate it. Luckily, I did enjoy a lot of healthier snacks like Larabars, BP + apples, trail mix, frozen fruit, and protein balls I’d make. I constantly had to be munching or the nausea spiral went bad!
2. POPSICLES- I am horrible with drinking water even when I'm not pregnant. Mix in nausea and being sick, dehydration was on point for me. I lived on popsicles! I couldn't get much water down without it coming right back up most times. It was so frustrating! I shared on IG when I was sick, but the Pedialyte Pops are amazing! The normal taste of their drinks are nasty to me, but the popsicles are very tasty.
3. EGGS- Yes this is kind of odd because most pregnant women want nothing to do with eggs in their first trimester. However, this was one food item I always wanted! Super easy and quick to make. I’d add avocado, pico de galo, and cheese most times. I still usually have eggs for breakfast every morning :)
4. SLEEP- SO MUCH SLEEP! Savannah goes to bed around 6:30/7 and once she was down, mama was lights out. During nap-time I would sleep too; hence the crazy dirty house.
5. SHAKES- I joined a fitness challenge group towards the end of my first trimester. I enjoyed staying active during Savannah's pregnancy so I knew I needed something to get me back into a fitness routine. Plus, they had helpful nutrition tips! With the group, I do a shake a day and it has helped so much with nausea. I don't know if it is all the nutrients in it but it worked. Still today, I have the shakes daily [and no, they are not supplement/ weight loss shakes].
Now that I am farther into my second trimester, I am already seeing many must haves! I can’t wait to share those with you towards the end of the trimester. I hope you all have a great weekend :)