Late Night Frozen Snacks
Once we had kids, we seem to always eat really early dinners, which means I get hungry once the kids go to bed. I started to find ways to have smaller snacks that either satisfied my sweet tooth or just have something to munch on while watching Grey’s Anatomy [Yes I still watch that show religiously!]. Over the years I have come up with some staple late night snack items to keep stocked in the freezer.
1. Frozen Chocolate Covered Acai Berries- I fill up a small bowl of these and munch on them while watching TV. Really cures that sweet tooth!
2. Frozen Bananas- This one I change up every now and then. Ill cut the banana in half then let it sit in the freezer for a while. Once it’s pretty hard I either add almond butter or peanut butter to the top. Most of the time I will add mini dark chocolate chips or melt the chocolate chips with coconut oil and drizzle It over the top. I usually pop them back in to get cold then enjoy! I usually eat this snack during nap time with coffee too ;)
3. Left Over Holiday Candy- Instead of tossing most the candy, we store it in the freezer and grab a few here and there to cure our sweet tooth’s!
4. Grapes- LOVE THESE!! I have been doing this for a while now, but we just buy a bag of grapes then dump them in a freezer Ziploc bag and put them in the freezer. A healthy snack at night I can munch on and not feel guilty. I also like to eat these during the hot summer days outside. Down the road a lot of people use them in their kids lunch boxes so they are cold just in time for lunch. Frozen grapes are also great for your glass of wine to keep it cold without putting ice cubes in it ;)
5. Frozen Fruit- We buy big bags of frozen fruit from the freezer section all the time. Currently I’m addicted to frozen pineapple but the kids like the frozen mangos. Just like the grapes, it’s a zero guilt bedtime snack or day snack.
Of course we have our ice cream that we indulge in here and there but these go-to freezer items usually do the trick without having all those extra calories!